Quick tips for PI’s and Instructors. The responsibilities of investigators using animals as well as instructions, standards, and guidelines for using animals, are available below.
- Attending Veterinarian/Researcher Veterinarian
- Guidelines for Blood Collection from Animals
- Guidelines for Submission of IACUC Protocol Amendments
- Medical Records for Animals Used in Research and Teaching
- Policy for Reporting Noncompliance with Laboratory Animal Care and Use Guidelines [PDF] (May 29, 2012)
- Policy on Establishing a Satellite Facility
- Policy Statement on Clinical Trials
- Policy for Hazard Identification for Laboratory Animal Personnel [PDF] (May 21, 2012)
- Procedure for Murine Tail Tip Biopsy
- Standard Operating Procedures for Transportation of Animals at UTK [Word]
* Anesthesia and Analgesia Guidelines – When planning any procedure involving anesthesia and/or surgery, please consult one of the laboratory animal veterinarians in the Office of Laboratory Animal Care (OLAC). He/she can provide guidance and detailed information in selecting the most appropriate anesthetic and analgesic protocol for your species and procedure.
For specific animal guidelines, policies, and procedures, if you have an active IACUC protocol please log in to the IACUC SharePoint site under the Standard Operating Procedures tab located on the left hand side of the screen. (UTK NetID required). Otherwise, please contact the IACUC Office at (865) 974-3631 or email@example.com.